Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Color Abstract - or - Bra, do you even Gouache?

When my friend Sammi moved to California, she gifted me with some of her art supplies, including some tubes of designer's gouache.

I had no idea what it was or what it was for.

Did you know gouache is to be used similar to watercolor?

I didn't.  No freakin' idea.

My first attempt to paint with gouache, I went at it like I would acrylics.  Just gobs of pure color, no water.

It was vibrant, but crazy-hard to work with. Durrrrr.

I got this out for my efforts:



It's pretty much a collection of colours, so I could get a feel for the medium I was using so very, very wrong.

But, I don't know.  I kind of like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your feedback. Constructive criticism is always welcome.